It’s always interesting to try and interrupt or understand our dreams to see what they really mean and if our subconscious is trying to tell us something.
If you’re wondering, what does it mean to dream about sand? – you’re not alone.
Dreaming about sand, walking on sand, having sand in your mouth or ears, and white sandy beaches are actually not that unusual.
I’ve had a lot of sand themed dreams myself. One in particular that kept recurring was a dream of walking on sand and slowly sinking until I disappeared.
I talked this through with a friend who is a therapist and we discovered it was related to deep inner subconscious thoughts that I won’t go into here, but the dreams stopped once I understood them.
If you’re having dreams about sand and are not sure what they mean, how to analyze them, or what to do next, I think I can help.
Read on for some of the reasons why you might be having these dreams, how to dig deeper into why you have dreams about sand, and what to do about it.
- Sand in Mouth Dream: Meaning and Interpretation
- White Sand Beach Dream: Meaning and Interpretation
- Walking on Sand Dream: Meaning and Interpretation
- Objects Made of Sand Dream: Meaning and Interpretation
- How to Analyze Your Own Dreams about Sand
Sand in Mouth Dream: Meaning and Interpretation
Dreaming about sand in your mouth is one of the more common sandy dreams as I mentioned above. This usually means one of the following:
- You have said something you wish you hadn’t recently.
- You have something on your mind you want to say but can’t.
- There is something you can’t quite remember and it’s on the ‘tip’ of your tongue.
- You’ve had an incident recently where you were stuck for words.
White Sand Beach Dream: Meaning and Interpretation
Dreaming of a white sandy beach has some specific meanings for most people. This usually means one of the following:
- If you’re relaxing in your dream you’re feeling overworked or stress in real life.
- If you’re looking out into the ocean or long stretches of empty beach you’re in need of soul searching.
- If there is someone else in your dream you want some alone time with the person.
- The clean, white sand represents your subconscious trying to understand your spiritual self.
Walking on Sand Dream: Meaning and Interpretation
If your dreams usually feature you walking across sand then this usually means one of the following:
- You’re on a journey of self-discovery or trying to find out more about yourself.
- You are in need of some alone time to do some soul searching.
- You’re searching for someone who you’ve let go of.
- You have a feeling of emptiness, there is something missing in your life and you may know what it is when you think about it.
Objects Made of Sand Dream: Meaning and Interpretation
Seeing objects made of sand in your dreams may mean one of the following:
- Symbols representing money like pound signs, dollars, coins etc may mean you have financial worries.
- Sand castles and bricks represent you building your life, home, and family.
- A wall you can’t pass represents something in your life stopping you from moving forward until it’s been resolved.
- Seeing sand sculptures of people or face you recognize represent some unresolved business with that person.
How to Analyze Your Own Dreams about Sand
If you’re having dreams about sand that aren’t covered above, or you want to dig deeper into your dreams to find out more about what they mean, try the following:
Write down Your Dreams
It’s hard to remember all the details from our dreams. The longer you wait before writing down everything you can remember the more details you’ll forget too.
Write down as much as you can about your dream as soon as you wake up. Be as specific as you can and build up a journal.
Really Think about How You Were Feeling
It’s important to identify how you were feeling in your dream. We often have a profound sense of feelings from our dreams, add to your journal how you were feeling.
Also, add notes of how you felt when you woke up and when you reflected back on your dream. You should start to see the dots connecting.
Look for Connections and Reasoning
You’re the best person to interpret your dreams. There is only so much therapists can do to point you in the right direction.
By writing down your dreams and looking for connections to experiences and things in the world when you’re awake you’ll discover what your subconscious is trying to tell you when you’re asleep.
If you have any dreams or experiences trying to figure out what your dreams mean then feel free to share them here and I’d be happy to help in any way I can.